1. LydfordDelightful village just 3 miles walk along traffic free byways and open moorland.
2. TavistockPicturesque Dartmoor town on the Tavy river. Good shopping and pannier market.
3. Dartmoor365 square miles of stunning scenery with Yes Tor (the highest point in southern England04 miles walk away.
4.Bude & WidemouthNorth Cornwall’s superb beaches are just an hour’s drive away, but don’t forget Devon’s great beaches as well!
5. Granite WayNational Cycle Network’s Devon coast to coast path. The Granite Way goes past some of the most spectacular scenery.
6. Dartmoor LineThere are trains every 2 hours to Exeter. The journey time is 40 minutes and is a great way to see this historic city.
Devon and CornwallOur position is ideal for exploring Devon and Cornwall all from one location. Lands End is less than 100 miles away and well worth a visit but there is so much to see nearby that you might not be able to fit it in. The wonderful beaches of north Devon and Cornwall are just an hour away by car and offer some of the best bathing and surfing in the country. The peaceful and picturesque moors are great to explore by car or on foot (or even bike if you don’t mind the occasional hill!). The villages of Dartmoor are a delight to discover.